Quote of the day (or when I get around to it)

"A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.." -Max Planck
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Really People?

Recently, this appeared on Facebook.  This is the kind of stuff that really makes me sick.  Before you read it, please understand that this has nothing to do with my political affiliation, like or dislike of anyone listed in this posting.  The point is that under no circumstances is this kind of posting acceptable.  Think about what you are saying before you post things people.


"DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN."


These are the kinds of things that really make me question the progression of human society.  Please think about what you are posting before you put it out there.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, Don't question the progression because there has been none for quite some time now. Human society is in a regression, almost embarrassing to stand up next to some. I wonder if this is just a United States probem or if other countries are experiencing this decline. It really all stems from the children, they have no parents setting good examples because they themselves don't care what their kids see and don't have the time or patience to grow them up right. Everyone is so busy with life that they forget what's really important, setting the right values so we don't end up with a empty, meaningless, and foolish society! Thats just my viewpoint. I am a little tired so don't judge me on any grammar/spelling errors. I've actually been thinking of starting a blog. I just need to figure out a good topic. It would be lots of fun. I look foward to your future entries.

    ReplyDelete